Northern Lights in Realm
of Vatnajokull Glacier
Experience the northern lights in the stunning area of Vatnajökull Glacier and Glacier Lagoon.
Winter in the in the area of Vatnajökull Glacier is a magical time when the Northern lights roam the skies above and glaciers change to a clear deep blue color. There is rich wildlife with herds of wild reindeer gathering in valleys and playful seals swim in the Glacier Lagoon.
After landing in Höfn airport you will meet up with Northern light experts at the warm and cosy Hotel Höfn where you will stay for two nights. There you will have all the information needed and your days of adventure begins. You will have the chance to explore the Northern lights on your own or with a guide in this unique area. During the day you can find activities suited to your needs, for example gudied sightseeing tours, snowmobile tours, Glacier lagoon visit, ATV tours, ice caves and other interesting activities. You could even rent a car and explore on your own. At the hotel you will get any information and assistance for booking your tours and activities.
You can find diverse activities all year round in the Vatnajokull Region.
- Morning or afternoon flight to Hofn
- Transport from Hofn Airport to Hotel for check-in.
- Meeting with the Northern light experts at the Hotel to go through the itinerary of next days
- Free time
- 1-1.5 hour Northern lights evening tour
- Breakfast at Hotel
- Free time. Optional activities and also possibility to rent a car to explore the area on your own
- Local food and traditions
- 1-1.5 hour Northern lights evening tour with guide
Examples of optional activities: (not included in the price)
- Guided tour around the area with a guide
- Snowmobile tours
- Visit to the Glacier Lagoon
Video of Vatnajökull Region
After an enjoyable stay in this magnificent area you will have a transport back to the airport in Höfn for your 55-minute flight back to Reykjavík.
- Return flight to Höfn in Hornafjörður
- Transportation to/from Höfn airport
- Northern lights tour
- Hotel in Höfn for two nights (double room)
Adult € 590
Child (11 yrs and under) € 295
Departure from Reykjavík: Monday, Wednesday and Friday
Duration: 3 days, 2 nights
Season: October - April
Note: Minimum 2 passengers
Book your tour with Eagle Air Iceland